Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Worry, The Anti-Faith

One of my favorite passages of scripture is found in Proverbs chapter 3.  It tells us to trust God with all our Hearts and not to lean merely on our own understanding.  It promises that if we do this that God will make our paths straight.  I have once again been wrestling with the tendency to worry about where my next paycheck will come from. It's comforting in these times to read what the apostle Paul wrote when he said "why do I keep doing the things that I know I should not do".  In some ways my being self employed has a hidden blessing of helping me not to worry about getting laid off because it happens to me several times a month.  Once I complete a bid for someone my job is finished and in essence they lay me off.  I get more pink slips that most people I know. But once again I have found myself falling into the tendency to worry when I reach the point of not having more work lined up.  It is as if I have to be the one to provide instead of trusting God to do so.  Now I believe it is a fine line we need to do our part to be open to pursuing ideas we have and taking steps of faith when the path is not as clear as we would like it, but we need to remember no matter how straight the path may be we do still have ups and downs.    One of these downs happened to me yesterday as I completed the last know work I had lined up.  I got home and went to the computer looking through want ads regarding income opportunities, trying to make something work if you will.  As I was finding nothing, I was gripped with the fear of how am I going to pay these bills.  Almost as a counter to that thought my phone rang and it was a local number that I did not recognize.  I answered to find it being a new potential customer who was looking at an advertisement that I had placed on the internet over a month ago.  I had pursued the idea to place that ad a month ago with no response since posting it I assumed it was all for not, but just when I needed a new income lead to follow, BAM! the phone rings.  I am going to do my best to keep from acting in anti-faith (worry) for it doesn't benefit me one bit, and seeing my good and loving god come through for me in the ;last minute way builds my faith and beats back my fears.,  He is Good and, He is for me, and I am getting to know Him better with each circumstance I find myself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment